Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Life's Like a Box of Chocolate

You squish em until you find one you like.

Yeah I'm grasping at straws here for a catchy title- hell at this point, I'm grasping at a decent blog. Could a person's life be any more boring? I think not.
I really think it seems boring to me because I am not moving at the speed of light, doing a million things at once. So I'm addicted to chaos and adrenaline rushes. So sue me.

I have been off of work for two weeks now and I am so freaking bored I have been cleaning and cooking and taking naps. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I did start back to school this past Monday. Have a VERY early morning class with the most boring instructor that has ever taken a breath. But don't tell her that, she thinks she is the absolute best and if you get on her bad side, she will make your life M I S E R A B L E!!!! I have seen it happen people. Not. Kidding. So what do we all do to keep her happy? We bring food of course. We have a sign up list for days and today was the first day. Um, well, someone didn't know that she DOES NOT do donuts. Yep, they brought not one but two kinds of donuts. Well, she'll have a miserable semester- no A for her, poor soul. Me? I will be bringing Kolachi's and some muffins. Yeah, go ahead and say it people, "suck up." Whatever, so sue a bitch. In grad school, a girl has to do what a girl has to do to survive...if that includes shoving a kolachi in the professor's tater trap- I'm game!

On Thursday, MY baby girl will be ELEVEN years old. I can't believe how she is growing up right before my eyes. It seems like yesterday, she was that little bald baby that brought sheer joy to my eyes each and every day. This child makes my life complete. She has such a sweet spirit and such a compassionate soul that it makes a momma proud. Oh, yeah, she has her moments- not perfect by any means, but this child can kiss her mommas woes and bobo's goodbye with a twinkle of an eye. Yeah, I'm wrapped. What can I say. She's a good girl, makes good grades, has incredible ambition and is just a sweetheart. Okay, she hugs and kisses me about 365 times daily which can be a little overboard, but at least she's not cursing me out! It could be worse- especially with kids this day and age.

She is having a sleepover with a couple of friends and I got stuff to make jewelry and tie die shirts. I have ordered Studmuffin out of the house so me and the little 11 year olds can have a good time. Don't want "grumpy" ruining the fun. He does not do sleepovers well. So we'll get in the middle of the floor, do tshirts, watch movies, they'll eat chips and cookies and chocolate and get loaded up with sugar and keep me up all night. Only twice a year, I can deal with it. Plus I have a nice relaxing weekend planned.

Me and J, my bestest frand in the world, are escaping for the weekend. I'd link her blog but why bother, she never blogs. But I love the girl, despite her nonblogging ass. We are going to the beautiful Nachitoches (for you nonLouisiana folks, its pronounced- Nak-u-tish). Don't try to sound it out, it doesn't work. It's a Louisiana thing. None of our names for cities, parishes, and bayous make much sense. Take for instance, Ouachita- is pronounced Wash-i-taw, not Wa-chi-ta. But we've got plenty of southern hospitality where we lack in English and grammar. And no, where I am from is like night and day from New Orleans. It is a whole nuther country, so don't think that we have alligators living in our yard and that all our people rob, kill, and loot. Not in north Louisiana.

So we are taking a road trip. No kids. No husbands. No work. Just us, our bathing suits and our charm. Come join us. We will be the one's by the pool drinking a rita.

So what else is going on in the blender? Oh, my mom found this old diet in one of her old magazines and wanted me to try it with her. I've put on several pounds in the last few months, so I thought I'd give it a try. Its called the Rice Diet. So far, in 4 days, I've lost 5.5 pounds. It's not too bad, mainly consists of a lot of fruit, vegetables and some starches (where the rice comes in). I have also signed up for a personal trainer. I will train 2 days a week and work out on my own 2 days a week. My goal is to be much more tone and to get back in to my clothes comfortably by the time we go on vacation in 3 weeks. So wish a girl some luck.

Now I think I might go dig out the sewing machine and try and make a purse. Or not. I may just lay up on the couch like the withering vegetable I'm becoming. I neeeeeeeed action. I .....am ......w e a k......
posted by Staci @ 4:23 PM |

<< Home