Monday, July 10, 2006

Back Home!

Hey ya'll!
Well I'm back from vacation.
We had a good time I guess. Spent 8 days in Branson Missouri. With 3 kids. Need I say more.
No really, it was okay- just a little too fast paced for me. When I take a vacation, my idea of relaxation and resting is laying by the pool and soaking up some rays. I didn't get 5 minutes of that. The kids thought we should run mock 10 to every amusement park, putt putt golf and race track there was. Not to mention two of them argued and griped the whole entire time. I had to come home to rest. Now I need a few days on a secluded beach in the tropics.

While we were there, we got three new dogs. I had two pregnant ones at the vet due anyday when we left. Now we have 11 puppies. They are so cute! As soon as those are old enough to go to new homes, we should have two more litters. Now they are starting to cycle in. So anyone who knows anyone who wants a miniature dachshund, let me know. I should have some pics up of the wee ones in a few days at www.dazysdoxies.com.

I just started three summer classes today. It looks like it will be a pretty intense next five weeks. The kids have 4 1/2 weeks until they start school and I have 4 weeks till I go back to work. It seems like schools are starting earlier and earlier each year. That sucks.

My mom's 75th birthday is this year. We had a big to do for my dad's 75th surprise birthday party but it took all 5 of us girls and my mom to lie our asses off to pull that off. There is no way we can pull the wool over her eyes, so we have decided to just have a family party. I personally wanted to take her on a cruise but when you have 5 children with different income levels and views of what would be fun, it seems like we can't really agree on. One sister says she doesn't have the money, another says she doesn't either and if she did, she wouldn't waste it on a cruise. One doesn't care and two of us are all for it. I am the youngest of all 5 by 16-18 years, so all of my sisters are over the age of 50.

I am at a time in my life that I want to travel and have adventures. My best friend J and I were thinking about taking a trip somewhere out of the US. Bless her heart, if it is not an adjacent state to Louisiana, she hasn't been there. I think we just need to remedy that. Hopefully before we are old and wrinkled up like a raisin...

I have a new obsession. Its called THE SHIELD. Its a very edgy cop drama- one like I've never seen before. Season 6 will begin this fall so DH and I have crammed the first three seasons in every night for the last month. We've got Season 4 and 5 to go. I am addicted. The bad thing is that when the new episodes begin, I will have to wait a whole week to see the next one.

I guess I better get on my homework.
I will try to do better on blogging CP! I promise!

Later.....
posted by Staci @ 7:40 PM |

<< Home