Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back to Life, Back to Reality!

Yeah, that 80's song is ringing through my head about right now.
I go back to work tomorrow. Two months off for summer vacation and I feel like I haven't had one day off. I have been so freakin busy that I have not had time to even breathe.

Just to catch you all up on the mass confusion, AKA- my life in the past week or so since I posted last.

* we got the rent house, been working like crazy to get it finished so we can get our renters in. I have to give my hubby props- he is doing all the work basically by himself cause I am just a gopher. He's never put siding on in his life, but he watched a guy do it, now he's doing the whole thing. He learns by watching and learns so much- saves us a lot of money.

* I went on a mother-daughter weekend last weekend and had an absolute blast. We went to a lake, stayed in a beautiful lake home and was able to totally relax and catch up with my four sisters and mom. I literally did not want to come home. I could live out there, if only WalMart were just a tad closer...

* I have escape artists for puppies. We have had to revert to locking up their little cages like its Fort Knox. You should have seen us running around town, going to the Goodwill, the Flea Markets, the Relief Center, WalMart, Freds, anywhere that might have something that would work for a prison for my little escaped convicts. Eleven little puppies running all over the place and I have to keep counting to eleven to make sure I have all of them little terds. I finally found an old timey play pen and guess what, it worked perfect until they chewed their way through it.

* I am so ready for some of my favorite shows to come back on and football season to start. Desperate Housewives, The Shield (still having Vic withdrawals), Law/Order SVU, and a few more. I'm tired of reruns and tired of fifty million "America's Got Talent". That show truly sucks. I have been watching Last Comic Standing, saw the finale tonight. It was pretty good this season. My boy Josh Blue won! Other than that, we've been watching a bunch of movies. Let's just say, Grandma's Boy sucks, Conviction sucks, AquaMarine is pretty good, Failure to Launch is pretty good, Hush is pretty good, Firewall is pretty good, The Hills Have Eyes is FREAKY!

* I got a phone call today, I have a "Fun Warrant" out for my arrest. Its for a good cause, MDA. For those of you who know me, I am a special ed teacher, so this is my passion and I'd do anything to raise money for them. So get off your bums and sponsor me. I've got until Sept. 21st to raise at least $500. I just sponsored CP in a Blogathon for Pediatric AIDS Foundation. So, CP, I'm countin on you girl. You gotta help a sister out here. I don't want to go to baby jail! Check back, I will have a site to go to to sponsor me.

* I graduate Saturday. This will be my third college graduation, but this one is my best accomplishment, M.Ed. in Administration/Supervision. I worked my butt off to get two Master's degrees in three years and finally finished with this one. This one should be it unless I decide to get my Ed.Doctorate, which I doubt will be soon, if ever. But, if you know me, I never say "NEVER" to school. Its in my blood and heart. I love learning. So I will don the cap and gown one more time and walk across the stage. I wouldn't walk, ut I want my daughter to see what I've worked so hard for. She is geared towards a college education and I want her to see how something you put your all into comes to pass.

* My Studmuffin is leaving me for two whole weeks for some training to put more bad guys in jail. I am really not thrilled about this, especially since he will be gone for the kids first week back in school, the house will be at a stand still till he gets back, and I still have all these puppies to feed, care for and find good homes for. I don't have to cook as much when he's gone, but I'd rather cook than him be gone for so long.

Okay, now that I've caught you up, I guess I better get my butt in the bed. I actually have to get up at a decent hour and go to work. ARGH!!!

Later taters.
posted by Staci @ 8:10 PM |

<< Home